The ILO aims to ensure that it serves the needs of working women and men by bringing together governments, employers and workers to set Labour standards, develop policies and devise programmes. The very structure of the ILO, where workers and employers together have an equal voice with governments in its deliberations, shows social dialogue in action. It ensures that the views of the social partners are closely reflected in ILO Labour standards, policies and programmes.
Who Should Attend?
Any delegate that would like to understand International Labour Standards and Health & Safety Legislations worldwide. This is an alternative from the local National Health and Safety Act, to International.
The purpose of this course is to outline the importance of International Labour standards and best practice. The adoption of each Countries Health & Safety Act is an extraction from the ILO. This course guides delegates on understanding the ILO by underlying the ILO’s work and the importance of cooperation between governments and employers’ and workers’ organizations in fostering social and economic progress.
- Scope and Definitions of ILO C155 (Occupational Health & Safety Convention)
- Principals of National Policy
- Action at the National Level
- Actions at the level of undertaking
- Final Provisions
- Occupational Health & Safety Recommendation (R164)
- Relations relating to existing National Labour Conventions
- Delegates will have an understanding of International Health & Safety Regulations
- The difference between National and International Health & Safety Regulations
- The different labour conventions
All delegates who successfully pass the assessment over 60% will be issued with a certificate of competence. If you receive lower than 60% a certificate of attendance will be issued.
An Assessment at the end of the course will be required. A minimum of 60% is to be achieved to attain a Competence Certificate. If you achieve lower than 60% but get between 40 – 59% a second attempt will become available. If you get lower than 40% and fail the second attempt you will need to re-purchase the course. An attendance certificate is awarded to you regardless of a pass or fail.
There are currently no reviews available.