ISO 20 000-1 : ISO 20 0001 Service Management System and ITIL Awareness
This course focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business. In its current form (known as ITIL 2011 edition), ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is published as a series of five core volumes, each of which covers a different IT Service Management lifecycle stage. Although ITIL underpins ISO/IEC 20000-1 (previously BS 15000), the International Service Management Standard for IT service management, there are some differences between the ISO 20000 standard and the ITIL framework.
Who Should Attend?
- Both IT and business people will benefit from this course
- Those requiring a basic awareness of the ITIL framework
- IT professionals or others working within an organisation that have adopted an ITIL approach
- Anyone involved in or contributing to an on-going service improvement programme
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognize the need for change in service provision and for a commitment to implementing a Service Management culture.
- Describe how IT Service Management can help align IT processes to business objectives.
- Describe how IT Service Management can be adopted and adapted to an organization
- Describe the core elements of each ITIL Service Management process
- Understand the core elements of and common terminology associated with the ITIL best practice framework.
This course is designed to provide a high-level overview of ITIL and enable delegates to understand how and integrated IT Service Management framework might be utilized to achieve IT business integration, cost reductions and increased productivity. The areas that this course is designed to cover are:
- An introduction to ITIL, is strategic and operational benefits
- An overview of the ITIL certification scheme
- Service Management as a practice
- The ITIL concepts and definitions
- High-level overview of Service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation and continual service improvement.
- A high-level review of the ITIL service management functions
- Improve resource utilization
- Be more competitive
- Decrease rework
- Eliminate redundant work
- Improve upon project deliverables and time
- Improve availability, reliability and security of mission critical IT services
- Justify the cost of service quality
- Provide services that meet business, customer and user demands
- Integrate central processes
- Document and communicate roles and responsibilities in service provision
- Learn from previous experience
- Provide demonstrable performance indicators
All delegates who successfully complete this course will be issued with a certificate of competence.
No assessment required.
There are currently no reviews available.
Not just for individuals
For companies that may have multiple users, WWISE can cater for corporates at a discounted rate and rent the course out on a platform that can be customized with the client’s corporate identity.VIEW CORPORATE PACKAGE