To sign up for this course:
This course will provide delegates an in-depth understanding of information security of ISO 27001:2013 standard and its controls.
|Duration||2 hours, 15 min, 36 sec|
|Certification||Certificate of Competence|
Who Should Attend?
- Those wishing to Implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS) in accordance with ISO 27001:2013
- Consultants who wish to provide advice on ISO 27001:2013 ISMS Auditing
- Security and quality professionals
- Anyone involved in the implementation, maintaining or supervising of an ISO 27001:2013 ISMS.
- Understand the information security management system definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the intent and requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard
- Understand the ISMS implementation stages, learn best-practice techniques, examine useful tools, and understand integration of the ISMS with other environmental programs
- Apply environmental-management principles to achieve continual ISMS improvement
- Learn principles of ISMS auditing, make sense of an audit
- Understand Executive Order (EO) and the role of the ISMS in achieving EO goals
- Understand reporting requirements for the Office of Management and Budget
- Understand how to use the generic templates provided for Implementing an ISO 27001:2013 ISMS
- ISO 27001:2013 Standard
- Purpose and structure of ISO 27001:2013
- How to develop an Information Security Policy, Asset Register, Statement of Applicability, Risk Assessment, Treatment Plan and manage objectives.
- Key concepts and requirements of ISO 27001:2013 from an implementation perspective
- Implementing key concepts and requirements of ISO 27001:2013
- Understanding how to use the generic templates provided for Implementing an ISO 27001:2013 ISMS.
- This course is designed to assist employees in an organization to minimize the time in attending a course and structured in a way that is efficiently understood.
- The courses controls will be explained in a practical sense, where if delegates to not understand IT terms, examples will be simplified.
- The ISO 27001:2013 standard will be read back to front including the Annexure A controls, with practical examples on auditing each clause and control along with implementing it.
- An organizations current ISMS or an example will be provided with templates to show how these will be used for implementation.
- The basics and awareness of ISO 27001 will also be discussed prior to the course.
- Books/Standards and templates for review will be provided for guidance.
- Practical case studies during the course will be conducted.
- An assessment will be completed at the end of the course.
For companies that may have multiple users, WWISE can cater for corporates at a discounted rate and rent the course out on a platform that can be customized with the client’s corporate identity.VIEW CORPORATE PACKAGE