The training is an introduction to the ISO 27001:2013 standard and will provide an understanding of the importance of Information Security within an Organisation.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone in an organisation from Top Management to Receptionist’s. The course will allow each individual to understand the criticality of information security.
- Overview of what is meant by ISMS and the basic constituents of an ISMS.
- Explanation of how an ISMS can help.
- Overview of the requirements of ISO 27001:2013 and the potential benefits.
- Implementation of an ISMS, including setting and reviewing ISMS policy, procedures required by the standard.
- Identifying and evaluating assets.
- Vulnerabilities associated with these assets, risk assessment.
- Annex A, control objectives, risk treatment plan & statement of applicability.
- What an information security management system (ISMS) is and how it can help business.
- Why companies are going for certification on ISO 27001:2013.
- The basic certification processes.
- Overview of the ISO 27001:2013 standard and its documentation requirements.
- Asset & Access Controls.
- Overview of Statement of Applicability.
- Overview of a Risk Assessment and Treatment Plans.
- To identify the requirements for an ISMS.
- To explain the tools used to meet the requirements.
- To assist people in attaining the skills to be able to implement an effective ISMS.
- The control objectives in ‘Annex A’ of the ISO 27001:2013 Standard.
- Receive homework (If Applicable).
- Final Questions/Review.
- Your organisation can develop a focused security culture.
- You can protect the assets of your organisation.
- The training will lead to a better adoption of all practices.
- Reduce risk of target in technology.
- Security in the organisation is effectively spread while protecting the information of the organisation.
- All delegates who successfully pass the assessment with over 60% will be issued with a certificate of competence.
- If you receive lower than 60% a certificate of attendance will be issued.
An Assessment at the end of the course will be required. A minimum of 60% is to be achieved to attain a Competence Certificate. If you achieve lower than 60% but get between 40 – 59% a second attempt will become available. If you get lower than 40% and fail the second attempt, you will need to re-purchase the course. An attendance certificate is awarded to you regardless of a pass or fail.