Every course is broken down into bite-size chunks – manageable modules that will help you assimilate and apply your knowledge in record time. Our courses are pointed for the current market, simple and sharp like the tip of an HB pencil. You’ll be able to study online from anywhere in the world, in your own space, at your own pace, guided by our industry experts. With our practical and business-relevant material, you’ll be given hands-on tools to help you deal with real-world scenarios.
Who Should Attend?
- Clerks and similar levels wanting to move into the export – or import – division and seeking a quick way to get a feel for international trade and some qualification to justify being transferred. This includes manufacturers and traders.
- International Logistics Managers, Area Managers, Shipping & Export Managers, Business Development Export Managers, Communications Managers, Project Managers, Operations Export Managers, Business Managers, Export Sales Managers, Ship Chandelling Operation Managers, Airfreight Export Controllers, Export Co-ordinators, Distribution Managers, Logistics Managers
- Those wanting to move into the international trade service sector including bankers, insurers, freight forwarders and others
- Administration – some people thrive on it, some people are overwhelmed by it. But in contrast to popular belief, it’s not actually a matter of personality, but of skill. And skills can be learnt. If you have the right skills-set, administration is a breeze. In the field of export, effective administration is of paramount importance.
- For an exporter to successfully manage an export process, understanding the logistics of exporting and importing, as well as, the advantages and disadvantages of the options at their disposal is vital. And this is where we step in… We’ll equip you with everything you need to make sense of the “fine print” and plan, order, invoice, dispatch and administrate like a pro in the complicated game of export.
- In this short course, you’ll learn how to successfully execute an export order. You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the export process, service providers, transport modes, customs and documentation, and insurance. And we’ll give you the know-how to navigate the complexities of international standards and contracts.
- Knowledge of the export administration process can open up opportunities for you with manufacturing companies in virtually any field, as well as, with the freight forwarding sector, the financial sector or with other specialised companies that provide essential services to exporting companies. This course is designed for those wanting to expand their knowledge in this area from managers across the export trade platform, to people wanting to move into the international trade service sector
- Introduction to Export Processes & Export Service Providers
- Types of Cargo and Ocean Freight
- Containerisation, Bulk and Breakbulk
- Airfreight as a Means of International Transport:
- Road, Rail, Inland Waterway and Combined Transport as a Form of International Transport
- International Product Standards and Packaging of Export Consignments
- Packing and Marking of Export Consignments
- Customs Procedures – Export and Import Controls and Customs Clearance
- The Importance of Documentation in Export Transactions
- The International Chamber of Commerce – Incoterms®2010
- Fundamentals of Marine Insurance
- You could significantly expand your markets, leaving you less dependent on any single one.
- Greater production can lead to larger economies of scale and better margins.
- Your research and development budget could work harder as you can change existing products to suit new markets.
Certificate of Successful Completion from the IMM Graduate School – On completion of your short course, you’ll be awarded a certificate that’s approved by the IMM Graduate School and our respective partners, recognising the skills and key competencies you’ve developed along the way. This certificate can be used to document your commitment to continuing professional development in your personal portfolio (including your LinkedIn profile or CV), or to provide evidence to employers or other professional bodies of your achievement. Moreover, you’ll be better equipped to face workplace challenges, enhance your professional performance and, thereby, boost your career.