In this online short course, you’ll explore the major factors influencing the successful execution of an export order. You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the export process, service providers, transport modes, customs and documentation, and insurance. And we’ll give you the know-how to navigate the complexities of international standards and contracts.
This course is designed for those wanting to expand their knowledge of export administration, from managers across the export trade platform, to people wanting to move into the international trade service sector, including banking, insurance and freight forwarders.
Upskill with the IMM Graduate School, cut through the detail and become an export admin expert. Now say that 3 times fast!
Who Should Attend?
- The export sequence
- The different types of cargo presented for export
- Ocean transport and its advantages, limitations, procedures, regulations and the various types of cargo vessels used in international trade
- Major South African ports and describe their facilities
- The major locations of container terminals in South Africa
- The difference between container terminals, container depots, container yards and Transnet Freight Rail goods yards
- The difference between FCL, LCL and groupage service and cargo, and the procedures involved in exporting each cargo type
- The procedures involved in exporting bulk or breakbulk cargo, transported by rail or road, for onward transportation by sea
- Airfreight and its advantages, limitations, procedures, regulations and the various types of aircrafts used in international trade
- Road transport and its advantages, limitations, procedures, regulations and the various types of services offered by road transporters in southern Africa
- Rail transport and its advantages, limitations, procedures, regulations and infrastructure and the various types of services offered by rail transporters in southern Africa
- The advantages and disadvantages of cargo being transported by inland waterway
- How to make informed decisions when choosing a mode of transport based on influencing factors
- How ocean freight, airfreight, road transport and rail freight rates are calculated
- The advantages of using a freight forwarder
- International standards in respect to health and safety, environment and quality control
- How to distinguish between ‘packing’ and ‘packaging’ and outline regulations for both in terms of environmental standards
- The specific functions of Customs & Excise in South Africa and its various systems, procedures and document requirements
- The procedures for customs clearing goods into a foreign country
- The purpose, categories and features of various documents with regards to invoicing, instructions, customs, permits, certificates and payments in export trade
- The sets of rules developed for the interpretation of trade terms by the International Chamber of Commerce
- How Incoterms® are used in a contract of sale
- The factors influencing the choice of particular Incoterms®
- The purpose of marine insurance, understand its terminology and describe the different insurance policies available and the cover each provides