The Fundamentals of Marketing which has been developed by a team of marketing experts that have a thorough understanding of the practical marketing skills required to compete in today’s fast-paced marketing environment.
Who Should Attend?
- Marketing Manager
- Product Manager
- Account Executive
- Brand Manager
- Advertising Manager
- Marketing Communications Manager
- The World of Marketing and focuses on how any changes that occur in the environment external to an organisation, may impact its success. You will learn how to research and be on the look-out for any changes in this environment that could create new opportunities or cause new threats to the organisation. This research will include what competitors are doing. Since they are competing for the same attention and consumer spending power, its critical to understand their strategies and be in a position to develop products or services that are unique and different from theirs. Developing and maintaining a competitive advantage is a core function of marketing.
- The Marketing Mix is a concept proposed in the 1960s by marketer, E. Jerome McCarthy and is still widely used by marketers as a set of tools to drive marketing strategy so as to win customers hearts and minds and gain maximum profits for the organisation. The marketing mix comprises of four components namely, Product, Price, Place and Promotion, also known as the 4P’s. A marketer has to craft a strategy that considers all of the 4P’s in order to develop a profit-yielding strategy. The challenge is there’s no standard formula and marketers need to adapt their strategies using different permutations and combinations of the 4P’s to find out what works for their specific product, service and industry.
PART 1 – The World of Marketing
- Basic Principles of Marketing
- The Marketing Environment and Competitors
- Consumer Behaviour, Research and Marketing Decision Making
- Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
PART 2 – Marketing Mix Strategy
- Product and Distribution Management
- Marketing Communications Strategy and Media Planning
- Pricing, People, Process and Physical Evidence
- Marketing Process
- Increases visibility of your brand.
- Develops lasting relationships with your audience.
- Improves brand awareness and recognition.
- Creates loyalty and trust, with both your current customers and prospects.
- Helps you to build authority and credibility.
- Positions your business as an expert in your industry.
Certificate of Successful Completion – On completion of your short course, you’ll be awarded a certificate that’s approved by the IMM Graduate School and our respective partners, recognising the skills and key competencies you’ve developed along the way. This certificate can be used to document your commitment to continuing professional development in your personal portfolio (including your LinkedIn profile or CV), or to provide evidence to employers or other Export Financial Risk Management professional bodies of your achievement. Moreover, you’ll be better equipped to face workplace challenges, enhance your professional performance and, thereby, boost your career.