Every course is broken down into bite-size chunks – manageable modules that will help you assimilate and apply your knowledge in record time. Our courses are pointed for the current market, simple and sharp like the tip of an HB pencil. You’ll be able to study online from anywhere in the world, in your own space, at your own pace, guided by our industry experts. With our practical and business-relevant material, you’ll be given hands-on tools to help you deal with real-world scenarios.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for those in the vast and diverse transport sector including:
- Freight Transport Planners, Freight Transport Operators, Freight Transport Managers, Freight Forwarders, Fleet Managers, Terminal Managers, Logistics Services Salespersons, Customer Service Managers, Analysts, Consultants, Logisticians, Supply Chain Managers
- Those currently unemployed and looking for a practical way to upskill and gain employment in the above fields, including university graduates and school leavers.
- Transporting goods is simply a matter of moving things from A to B, right? Wrong. Freight transport is a complicated affair that requires careful planning, strategic operations, an efficient supply-chain and on-time delivery. Think of it as the connector in a circuit. If the loop isn’t closed, the product (like an electrical current) won’t reach its intended destination.
- A supply chain comprises all activities associated with the flow and transformation of goods, from the raw materials stage through to the final consumer. In essence, it’s a sequence of events intended to satisfy a customer or end user, and it’s made up of various core elements or processes, including manufacturing, distribution, transport, warehousing, inventory control, materials handling and procurement. Therefore, freight transport operations, supply chain operations and green logistics are accepted today as critical components of logistics and supply chain management and of the transport process as a whole.
- With this short course, you’ll get an in-depth understanding of all types of freight transport operations, including the role, structure and environment of freight transport, planning and demand, regulation, control and business, and issues pertaining to the local and the international freight transport sector. You’ll discover the ins and outs of supply chain operations including its evolution, its processes, its role in customer service, optimal business methods and performance, the main activities that drive supply chain operations and the environment in which it takes place. This section will also highlight issues pertaining to business operations (the so-called ‘input-transformation-output’. model) and all business entities concerned with buying and selling (including the work of the government, its agencies and non-governmental organisations) in supply chain operations. And, you’ll unpack the important topic of green and sustainable logistics in the context of supply chain management in markets that are complex, expanding and increasingly competitive.
- This course is specifically designed for those involved in freight transport across the board including, planners, operators, managers, forwarders, logisticians, supply chain managers, customer service managers and more. It will build on a knowledge base of best business practice, equipping you with practical skills in marketing and product positioning, managing information flow, reporting, finance and business planning. By the end of it, you’ll be able to implement good management practice to manage operations and personnel both efficiently and effectively across a broad and diverse range of business sectors.
- With this short course presented by IMM Graduate School, you’ll be powered-up with the skills you need to deliver… Every time.
- Business Theory – Marketing and PR
- Business Theory – Communications and Information & Business Finance
- Business Application – Managing Operations
- Business Application – Managing People
- Freight Transport Operations – Role, Structure and The Environment
- Freight Transport Operations Planning and Demand
- Freight Transport Operations Regulation, Control and Business
- The Fundamentals of Supply Chain Operations
- The Supply Chain Environment
- The Operation of a Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Performance
- Green and Sustainable Logistics
- Green Logistics and Supply Chain Operations – Today and in the Future
- Green Logistics Management, Performance and Monitoring
- Increase revenue
- Improve operating cost structure
- Reduce overall transportation costs
- Improve customer service
- This course leverages best practice and provides you with a sound understanding of practical logistics skills using tried and tested methods.
- Certificate of Successful Completion from the IMM Graduate School – On completion of your short course, you’ll be awarded a certificate that’s approved by the IMM Graduate School and our respective partners, recognising the skills and key competencies you’ve developed along the way. This certificate can be used to document your commitment to continuing professional development in your personal portfolio (including your LinkedIn profile or CV), or to provide evidence to employers or other professional bodies of your achievement. Moreover, you’ll be better equipped to face workplace challenges, enhance your professional performance and, thereby, boost your career.
- Certificate & International Accreditation from CILT UK- On successful moderation of your assessment by CILT in the UK, you will receive a further Certificate of Successful Completion and get international accreditation.