This course is designed to equip delegates with the relevant skills and knowledge to assess and report on the conformance of an Environmental Management System and effectively implement an Environmental Management System. This course provides delegates with the knowledge to develop, manage and monitor an Environmental Management Systems (EMS), appropriate to the needs of their organisation, focusing on environmental risks, activities, aspects and impacts.
Who Should Attend?
Engineers, Managers, Supervisors and Consultants who will be part of an Environmental Management Systems Implementation Team and anyone involved in the implementation, maintenance or supervising of an ISO 14001:2015 EMS.
- Understand Environmental Management System definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the intent and requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard
- Understand the EMS implementation stages, learn best-practice techniques, examine useful tools, and understand integration of the EMS with other environmental programs
- Apply environmental-management principles to achieve continual EMS improvement
- Understand how to use the Templates provided to assist in the EMS Implementation. All templates have instructions and examples to assist in the implementation of an EMS and can be applied to an organisation of any type or size.
- History of ISO
- Importance and benefits of an ISO 14001:2015 EMS
- Requirements, terms and definitions of ISO 14001:2015
- Structure of ISO 14001:2015 and framework for Environmental management system standards
- Risk-based thinking, process approach, Plan-Do-Check-Act, and the management principles
- Identify environmental impacts of their organisation
- Understand key terms and definitions of pollution
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System Standard Requirements:
- Normative Reference
- Terms and Definitions
- Context of the Organisation
- Performance Evaluation
- Identify key benefits to your organisation from implementing an effective EMS
- Apply good practice to the implementation using proven tools and techniques
- Implement a system that considers socio-economic needs and environmental conditions
- Improve the effectiveness of the Environmental Management System
- Understand the environmental management principles and terminologies
- Have an in-depth understanding of the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Implement and maintain an Environmental Management System in line with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- All delegates who finish the assessment with a score of 60% or higher will receive a certificate of competence.
- Delegates who score lower than 60% will receive a certificate of attendance.
- There will be an assessment at the end of the course.
- Delegates have to complete the assessment with a minimum score of 60% to receive a certificate of competence.
- Delegates who score between 40% and 59% will get a second attempt at the assessment.
- Delegates who score lower than 40% or fail the second attempt, will need to repurchase the course.
- Delegates will receive an attendance certificate regardless of a pass or fail.