This course will provide delegates an introduction to quality control and assurance by looking at introduction of Statistics, Inspection, Testing, Metrology, Technical aspects within an Industry and how to solve problems using the fishbone diagram, 5 why exercises and various other statistical tools to represent data.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone involved in the auditing, maintaining or supervising of an ISO 9001:2015 QMS.
- This course will present the theory and methods of quality control plans including an overview of process capability by understanding general Statistical Process Controls such as Mean, Median, Mode, Range, Variance and Standard Deviation.
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion will be explained using a practical example.
- The problem-solving tools will show how the 5 why exercises can be integrated into the fishbone diagram to assist in root cause analysis with respect to corrective and preventive action.
- Engineers, Technicians, Supervisors and Managers will find this course useful with a tool kit of excel sheets provided to understand the theory
- The understanding of the basic concepts of quality control
- To understand the statistical underpinnings of quality control
- To learn various available statistical tools of quality control
- To learn the statistical and economical design issues associated with the monitoring tools
- To demonstrate the ability to design and implement these tools through laboratory experiments
- Understating the definition of ISO and how it came about
- Quality Management and ISO 9000 family of standards
- ISO 9001:2015 and its requirements
- Definitions according to ISO 9000
- Defining Quality according to customer, employee and organisation
- Benefits of ISO 9001:2015
- Understanding Principals of ISO 9004 & 9001:2015, Guidelines to Performance Improvements
- Understand the basics of quality control
- Understand how Quality Assurance differs from Quality Control
- Understand the basics of a quality system
- Analyse and solve quality problems
- Be able to prepare inspection plans and instructions
- Be able to select sampling plans and Prepare procedures
- Be able to apply fundamental statistical methods for process and service control
- The course will discuss the methods of statistical quality control within a broader framework of quality assurance and management.
- The course will define the various aspects of quality and address the issues of planning for quality as they relate to survey operations and processes.
- Statistical methods for quality control will be discussed.
- These include acceptance sampling, statistical process control and Schilling’s acceptance control strategy for the efficient administration of SPC.
- The use and application of various quality tools such as Pareto analysis, cause & effect diagrams, flow charting, etc., for generating quality improvements will also be addressed.
- The course will involve the practical application of concepts through the use of case studies and group workshops each day.
- All delegates who successfully pass the assessment over 60% will be issued with a certificate of competence.
- If you receive lower than 60% a certificate of attendance will be issued.
- An Assessment at the end of the course will be required.
- A minimum of 60% is to be achieved to attain a Competence Certificate.
- If you achieve lower than 60% but get between 40 – 59% a second attempt will become available.
- If you get lower than 40% and fail the second attempt, you will need to re-purchase the course.
- An attendance certificate is awarded to you regardless of a pass or fail.