An Energy Management System can help organisations to reduce energy costs and to reduce the organisation’s environmental impact. Our training courses are designed to help you understand and implement an Energy Management System based on ISO 50001:2018 with confidence. This course can assist organisations to achieve greater savings, while avoiding common mistakes. ISO 50001:2018 is based on the management system model of continual improvement also used for other well-known standards such as ISO 9001:2015 or ISO 14001:2015. This makes it easier for organisations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management.
Who Should Attend?
- Those interested in improving energy performance and energy efficiency.
- Those who want to implement an ISO 50001:2018 EnMS.
- Those responsible for energy management.
- Energy managers (management representatives, plant managers, facility managers).
- Energy coordinators (process owners, engineers).
- Understand why an effective Energy Management System is important
- Understand the background of ISO 50001:2018
- Thorough examination of the requirements of ISO 50001:2018
- Explore how to implement an EnMS to meet the requirements of ISO 50001:2018
- Purpose of the EnMS
- Fundamentals of energy management
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 50001:2018 from an implementation perspective
- Resources needed to implement ISO 50001:2018
- Develop energy policies, processes, targets and measuring methods
- Develop a plan to implement an ISO 50001:2018 EnMS
- Define and develop baseline energy performance indicators
- Establish internal benchmarking, measuring and documenting for improving energy performance
- Principles, processes and techniques used for assessment and management of risks
- Learning how to effectively implement each clause and sub clause of the ISO 50001:2018 standard using the generic Energy Management System we provide as a set of templates
- Receive Homework (If applicable)
- Final Questions/Review
- Exam/ Assessment
- Improve energy efficiency and performance and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and other related environmental impacts.
- Gain confidence to build a system that meets legal requirements and achieves energy performance targets
- Improve efficiency and gain industry and customer recognition
- Learning how to reduce energy consumption by creating energy initiatives aligned to performance indicators and objectives
- Understanding how to use the generic ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management System Templates provided
- All delegates who finish the assessment with a score of 60% or higher will receive a certificate of competence.
- Delegates who score lower than 60% will receive a certificate of attendance.
- There will be an assessment at the end of the course.
- Delegates have to complete the assessment with a minimum score of 70% to receive a certificate of competence.
- Delegates who score between 50% and 69% will get a second attempt at the assessment.
- Delegates who score lower than 50% or fail the second attempt, will need to repurchase the course.
- Delegates will receive an attendance certificate regardless of a pass or fail.