This course is intended for individuals who are required to understand the fundamentals and requirements of ISO 50001:2018 and how to improve on energy management within their organisation. Energy efficiency is a proven strategy to lower emissions and reduce energy use and costs. Energy efficient technologies, know-how-to and processes available today provide a significant opportunity to:
- Reduce costs
- Improve operating performance
- Extend the lifespan of the building and its equipment
- Increase occupant comfort while contributing to a cleaner environment
Who Should Attend?
This course will be useful for anyone from a top to lower management level, including those with maintenance, environmental, technical, engineering, procurement and purchasing background who require an understanding of energy usage in their organisation.
- Understand the background and history of ISO
- Understand the key terms used in the ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management Systems Standard
- Understand energy, its forms and benefits of reducing energy consumption,
- Review energy usage for your organisation.
- Generate energy-saving ideas and energy management plans,
- Know how to improve energy efficiency and maintain it,
- Understand how to improve your environmental performance with your energy usage
- What is ISO and what is ISO 50001:2018
- What is Energy Management
- The purpose of ISO 50001:2018 and the benefits
- Requirements of ISO 50001:2018
- Key concepts of the energy management system
- PDCA cycle, scope and structure of ISO 50001:2018
- Terms and Definitions of ISO 50001:2018
- Relevant Energy Management legislation
- Receive Homework (If applicable)
- Final Questions/Review
- Exam/ Assessment
- Achieve continual energy performance through a strategic approach
- Understanding the requirements and purpose of an EnMS
- All delegates who finish the assessment with a score of 60% or higher will receive a certificate of competence.
- Delegates who score lower than 60% will receive a certificate of attendance.
- There will be an assessment at the end of the course.
- Delegates have to complete the assessment with a minimum score of 60% to receive a certificate of competence.
- Delegates who score between 40% and 59% will get a second attempt at the assessment.
- Delegates who score lower than 40% or fail the second attempt, will need to repurchase the course.
- Delegates will receive an attendance certificate regardless of a pass or fail.