ISO 20000-1:2011 includes only the products and services required to cut out unnecessary costs. The standard allows IT service provider organisations to achieve conformance to a service management system. It aligns to the IT infrastructure library (ITIL) best practice framework. It helps external IT service providers to become a competitive differentiator for delivery of IT services.
Who Should Attend?
- The course is aimed at personnel at all levels within an organisation who need an understanding of ISO/IEC 20000:2005 Parts 1 & 2 and the certification process
- Describe the key processes required for an IT Service Management System (SMS).
- Communicate the benefits of an ISO 20000 IT SMS
- Communicate that it is possible to integrate an ISO 20000 compliant SMS with other management systems in the service provider’s organisation.
- Adopt an integrated process approach and the PDCA methodology, enabling the service provider to align or fully integrate multiple management system standards.
- Know what to do next in their organisation
- How to utilize the set of Generic ISO 20000-1:2011 Service Management Templates with instructions and examples
- History of ISO
- Importance and benefits of an ISO 14001:2015 EMS
- Requirements, terms and definitions of ISO 14001:2015
- Structure of ISO 14001:2015 and framework for Environmental management system standards
- Risk-based thinking, process approach, Plan-Do-Check-Act, and the management principles
- Identify environmental impacts of their organisation
- Understand key terms and definitions of pollution
- ISO 14001:2015 Standard
- Normative Reference
- Terms and Definitions
- Context of the Organisation
- Performance Evaluation
- Purpose and structure of ISO 14001:2015
- Environmental aspects and impacts
- Key concepts and requirements of ISO 14001:2015 from an implementation perspective
- Implementing key concepts and requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Use a gap analysis to conduct a baseline review of your current system
- Auditor skills and conduct
- Typical audit forms: non-conformance sheet, audit
- ISO 19011 Standard on Auditing
- Audit planning & the role of a check list
- Initiate and prepare an ISO 14001:2015 audit
- Receive Homework (If applicable)
- Final Questions/Review
- Exam/ Assessment
- Identify key benefits to your organisation from implementing an effective EMS
- Apply good practice to the implementation using proven tools and techniques
- Implement a system that considers socio-economic needs and environmental conditions
- Improve the effectiveness of the environmental management system
- Understand the environmental management principles and terminologies
- Have an in-depth understanding of the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Implement and maintain an environmental management system in line with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Integrate the environmental management system into your organisation’s existing management system.
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on ISO 14001:2015 audit activities
- Apply the benefits and requirements of an ISO 14001:2015 audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organisation’s capability to manage its EMS
- Write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions
- All delegates who successfully pass the assessment over 60% will be issued with a certificate of competence.
- If you receive lower than 60% a certificate of attendance will be issued.
- An Assessment at the end of the course will be required.
- A minimum of 60% is to be achieved to attain a Competence Certificate.
- If you achieve lower than 60% but get between 40 – 59% a second attempt will become available.
- If you get lower than 40% and fail the second attempt, you will need to re-purchase the course.
- An attendance certificate is awarded to you regardless of a pass or fail.