This course is intended for individuals from organisations that are required to conduct internal audits and use the practical principles of auditing. This will enable individuals to understand and establish systems and processes necessary to improve energy performance, energy efficiency, and assist in reducing energy consumption and costs. ISO 50001:2018 is based on the management system model of continual improvement, also used for other well-known standards such as ISO 9001:2015 or ISO 14001:2015. This makes it easier for organisations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management.
Who Should Attend?
Individuals interested in monitoring the effectiveness of their organisation’s EnMS implementation and those who want to be ISO 50001:2018 internal auditors.
- Consider why an effective Energy Management System is important
- Understand the background to ISO 50001:2018
- Thorough examination of the requirements of ISO 50001:2018
- Explore how to conduct an audit against an EnMS to meet the requirements of ISO 50001:2018
- Fundamentals of energy management
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 50001:2018 from an implementation perspective
- Resources needed to implement ISO 50001:2018
- Understand how to audit energy policies, processes, targets and measuring methods
- Understand how to audit baseline energy performance indicators
- Establish internal benchmarking, measuring and documenting for improving energy performance
- Principles, processes and techniques used for assessment and management of risks
- Typical audit forms: non-conformance sheet, audit report and conducting corrective actions
- Conduct an audit based on good process identification, sampling and questioning
- Program & Audit schedule
- ISO 19011 Standard on Auditing; Understand the ISO 50001:2018 audit mode
- Plan and perform an ISO 50001:2018 audit
- Using the ISO 50001:2018 Toolkit for auditing
- Receive Homework (If applicable)
- Final Questions/Review
- Exam/ Assessment
- Gain knowledge on how to improve energy efficiency and performance.
- Gain knowledge on how to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and other related environmental impacts.
- Improved confidence on how to build a system that meets legal requirements and achieves energy performance targets.
- Improve efficiency and gain industry and customer recognition
- All delegates who finish the assessment with a score of 60% or higher will receive a certificate of competence.
- Delegates who score lower than 60% will receive a certificate of attendance.
- There will be an assessment at the end of the course.
- Delegates have to complete the assessment with a minimum score of 60% to receive a certificate of competence.
- Delegates who score between 40% and 59% will get a second attempt at the assessment.
- Delegates who score lower than 40% or fail the second attempt, will need to repurchase the course.
- Delegates will receive an attendance certificate regardless of a pass or fail.