Our OH&S Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course provides the fundamental auditing principles & practices, in conformance with national and international accepted norms and regulations relating to OH&S requirements.
The course allows delegates the thorough understanding of how to audit against the ISO 45001:2018 OHS-MS Standard and distinguish the relevant Non-Conformance gradings as per the ISO 19011:2018 Standard. It is further designed on adaptive learning by understanding the types, scales, techniques, skills, principals, ethics and methodology of auditing. The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party ISO audits of occupational health & safety management systems against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
Who Should Attend?
• Delegates who have an interest in becoming a Lead Auditor and Auditing for Regulatory Certification Bodies.
• Internal Auditors who wish to increase their skills from First- and Second-Party Auditing, to Third Party Auditing.
• Supervisors, Managers, Management Representatives who wish to understand an External Auditors Perspective.
• Becoming a Consultant or advisor on ISO 45001:2018 OHS and Lead Auditing.
On completion, successful delegates will have the knowledge and skills to:
• Explain the purpose of an Occupational Health & Safety Management System aligned to the ISO 45001:2015 Standard.
• Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate
• Understand the requirements and methodology of auditing against ISO 19011:2018.
• Interpretation of the ISO/IEC 17021:2015 Requirements for Conformity Standard for Certification Bodies
• Identify non-conformances and be able to follow up with effective corrective actions.
• Understand the roles and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up a OHS Management System audit in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
Online – 40 Hours of:
• Infographic Presentation: Introduction and Implementation of ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System Requirements
• Completion of an Online Assessment per Module.
Online – 20 hours of:
• Self-Study: Presentation on ISO 19011:2018 Guidelines and Principals of Auditing and ISO/IEC 17021:2015 Conformity Assessment Standard for Certification Bodies.
• Completion of an Online Assessment.
Online – 20 Hours of:
o Not applicable or opt out clauses
o Auditing context
o Auditing leadership
o Auditing Operations
o Audit Management
o Auditing performance evaluation and continual improvement
o Roles and responsibilities of audit parties
o Audit management
o Approach to audit, communication and auditor behaviour
o Planning for stage 1 audit
o Audit Execution
o Conducting stage 1 audit
o Planning for stage 2 audit
o NCR reporting, Corrective action and Audit report
o Conducting opening meeting
o Auditing top management
o Auditing role play, NCR reporting and judgement
o Conducting closing meeting
o Corrective action review and follow-up action
• Completion of an Online Assessment.
Online/On Premises – 8 Hours off:
• Case Study – Emailed or conducted at WWISE offices, to understand interpret real life audit scenarios and non-conformances.
On Premise – 2,5 Hours Off:
• Exam on site at WWISE office or an approved examination centre.
• On completion, you’ll be awarded Certificate of Competence of an internationally recognised ISO 45001:2018 Standard
• Understanding the Legal Requirements from an External Auditors Perspective.
• Improved Interpretation of the ISO 45001 standard.
• Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 45001 audit
• Interpret ISO 45001 requirements for audit application
• Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
• Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
• Access the latest best auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
• Build stakeholder confidence by leading audit activities in line with the latest requirements
• A minimum of 70% is to be achieved to attain a Competence Certificate.
• If you achieve lower than 70% but get between 50 – 69% a second attempt will become available within 12 months.
• If you get lower than 70% and fail the second attempt, you will need to re-purchase the course.
• An attendance certificate is awarded to you regardless of a pass or fail.
• An assessment at the end of the course will be required.
- On completion, you'll be awarded Certificate of Competence of an internationally recognised ISO 45001:2018 Standard
- Understanding the Legal Requirements from an External Auditors Perspective.
- Improved Interpretation of the ISO 45001 standard.
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 45001 audit
- Interpret ISO 45001 requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest best auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by leading audit activities in line with the latest requirements