TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE FOR THE WORLD WIDE INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND ENGINEERS (WWISE) WEBSITE
Welcome to the Website of World Wide Information Systems and Engineers (WWISE).
These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against all persons that access the WWISE website in terms of Section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions (ECT) Act 25 of 2002. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions herein, immediately exit this website.
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) will form a written contract between you and WWISE (“WWSIE”, “we”, “us” and “our”) and will govern our relationship and your use of our Platforms and/or Services. When we refer to “Platforms” we mean all our websites, mobile sites, mobile apps, emails, social media platforms or any other technology or mechanism you may use to interact with us. “Services” refers to any products, goods, services or functionality offered, owned or operated by us via our Platforms, including our Mobile Services.
We may amend the Terms from time to time. Any new version of the Terms will be published on our Platforms and will become effective from the date that we first published it. It is your obligation to visit our Platforms on a regular basis in order to determine whether any amendments have been made. By continuing to use our Platforms and/or Services after we published changes to the Terms, you agree to be bound by the changed Terms.
This website is intended to provide the user with information regarding WWISE and the services and products it offers.
- General Disclaimer
WWISE will use all reasonable measures to ensure the constant availability and currency, accuracy and reliability of the contents therein. However, please note the following:
- This website is for information purposes only. WWISE makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, in relation to this website or the veracity, accuracy, completeness, reliability and suitability of the information, materials, products or services provided herein. Reliance by the user on any information, materials, products or services provided herein is entirely at user’s own risk and WWISE will not be liable for any damages arising therefrom.
- WWISE makes no representations and gives no warranties as to the constant availability of this website. WWISE reserves the right to change, modify or discontinue this website, or any part of it, on a periodical basis, temporarily or permanently, without notice.
- This website may contain links to other websites over which WWISE has no control. Inclusion of these links does not imply a recommendation or endorsement of anything expressed therein.
- Every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this website has been obtained from reliable sources, WWISE is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information.
- All information in this website is provided “as is”, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- At no point will WWISE, its partners, employees or agent be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information in the website or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this website should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of WWISE.
- WWISE gives no warranty that the information posted on this website will meet the user’s requirements, the information posted here will not be interrupted.
If a provision in this disclaimer, is or found to be unenforceable under any applicable law, the enforceability of the other provisions herein will not be affected.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All intellectual property rights on this website, including the WWISE brand and logo, are the property of WWISE, and may not be reproduced or otherwise used without the express written consent of WWISE. All content which qualifies for protection under South African Intellectual Property Law, whether registered or unregistered are the property of WWISE.
- By use of this website, the user undertakes to abide by all intellectual property restrictions contained herein.
- © WWISE. All rights not expressly granted are reserved. Permission for the commercial use of any content on this website can only be obtained from WWISE in writing.
- You may only download, view and print content from this website for lawful purposes only.
- WWISE and its employees, agents reserve all their moral rights.
COPYRIGHT PROTECTED WORKS AND COURSE MATERIALS
- WWISE holds copyright in:
- All WWISE goods and also publications, including electronic media and content on this website.
- Syllabuses and curricula.
- Computer software developed at, or commissioned by WWISE to support academic or research administrative processes or the general operational management of WWISE.
Intellectual Property and Restrictions on Use
- This website contains information which is owned by or is licenced to us, including but not limited to text, design, layout, graphics, organization, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other information related to the website. This information is protected under applicable intellectual property laws and reproduction, distribution, publication or any other use other than its intended use is strictly prohibited.
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable permission to:
- Access and use to this website strictly in accordance with these Terms;
- To download or print out any information from the website solely for personal, non-commercial purposes, provided that all copyright and other intellectual property notices are unchanged; and
- To use this website solely for personal and non-commercial purposes.
- VARIATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WWISE reserves the right to modify these terms at any time and will publish notice of any such modifications online. By continuing to access the WWISE website after such notice of modifications have been published, you agree to comply and be bound by them.
- CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS
- WWISE reserves the right solely and absolutely in its discretion to alter, change, amend any information contained herein without any prior notice. WWISE reserves the right to change information regarding its services and products, goods, terms and conditions, without prior notice.
- APPLICABLE LAW
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the applicable laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- SECURITY OF INFORMATION
- All reasonable steps shall be taken to secure user’s information. Users undertake not to disclose any information regarding their account to any person.
- It is expressly prohibited for any person, organization, business to have unauthorised access to any information on this website, or to deliver, attempt or deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website. Any person attempting to have unauthorised access to any page on this website shall be held criminally liable and should WWISE suffer any damages, civil damages will be claimed.
- Limitation of Liability – The user expressly understands and agrees that WWISE shall not be held liable for any damages resulting from: the use of the inability to use the website; unauthorised access to or alteration of the user’s transmissions or data; statements or conduct of any third party on the website; or any matter relating to the website.
- GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE CONDUCT
- You agree to use this website in accordance with all applicable laws.
- You agree not to post anywhere on the website any advertising or any form of commercial solicitation, including, but not limited to, spamming.
- You agree not to post anywhere on this website any content that contains viruses or other harmful items.
- WWISE reserves the right to remove content, block access or take other action with respect to content which violates the above rules and guidelines.
- You agree that you will not access or attempt to access any other user’s account, or misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using the website.
- You agree that you will not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the website.
- SALE OF EDUCATIONAL AND TEACHING MATERIAL
- All orders for the sale of goods (educational and teaching material) accepted by WWISE are subject to these Terms which may only be varied by an authorized official of WWISE, in writing.
- Customer – Means the person(s) or firm or company or institution purchasing goods from WWISE.
- WWISE reserves the right to change these Terms of sale by giving written notice. Except as provided above, these Terms override all Terms provided to the Customer.
- Each invoice issued to the Customer shall constitute a separate contract on the terms of that invoice and these Terms shall not imply any continuing obligation to supply the Customer with goods after fulfilment of each invoice. No notice period shall be required to be given by WWISE should WWISE decide to cease trading with the Customer.
- The price/s charged by WWISE for each item of goods shall be the price as reflected on this website (including VAT, where applicable) and on the date orders are processed. ## These costs exclude courier costs.
- WWISE reserves the right to adjust prices without notice.
- All quotations given by WWISE are subject to WWISE confirmation of its acceptance of an order and to availability of the goods. Quotations are only valid for 15 (fifteen) days after being issued.
- PHYSICAL DELIVERY
SALES IN THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
- Goods will be delivered by courier to the address of delivery stipulated in each order. The means of courier is at WWISE sole discretion. In circumstances where a Customer requests an urgent courier or a different method of courier, the Customer shall bear these additional courier costs.
- DELIVERY PERIOD OF GOODS
- WWISE will use its reasonable endeavours to meet any agreed delivery date but does not guarantee a delivery date and the delivery date shall not be of the essence of these Terms, unless expressly so agreed in writing by WWISE.
- DEFECTIVE GOODS
- The Customer shall inspect the goods within 15 (fifteen) working days of their delivery and shall give written notification to WWISE of any shortages or manufacturing faults revealed by that inspection.
- WWISE will replace such goods as it agrees to be faulty provided that such replacement can be made from current stock.
- If replacement cannot be made from stock, WWISE will record a backorder for supply on arrival of new stock or, if so requested, credit the invoice value of any faulty goods.
- RETURNS POLICY
- You may only return goods purchased from WWISE on this website – wwise.co.za within 15 (fifteen) days of dispatch, if the goods purchased were:
- Incorrectly supplied,
- Faulty (missing pages, miss-bound or miss-printed), or
- All returns must be accompanied by a Returns Authorization obtained by email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to process a refund you must type in ‘Return’ and your ‘Order Number’ in the subject heading and state the reason for returning the goods.Upon receiving written confirmation from email@example.com, the goods must be returned in the original condition in a sealed parcel using suitable packaging material, together with the original invoice / packing slip to firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical and postal return addresses are:
252 Jean Avenue,
Jean Park Chambers,
Office 26, Building 8,
Centurion, South Africa
No interest will be paid on any owed amounts. Refunds will be effected using the same payment method initially used by the Customer.
For all Direct Deposit payments please email us your following deposit details:
- Name of the account holder
- Bank name
- Branch name
- Branch code and
- Bank account number
If you paid by credit card the money will be paid back to your credit card account. You will be notified once the refund has been paid via email.
- Cash refunds are only limited to course materials and are not made on any or all of our courses/modules. However, if you make payment on a specific course/module and that specific course/module is yet to start and you would like to change to a different course/module, we will accept your change of course/module but on condition that your new choice of course/module is the same in price, as your old/initial course/module.
- In order to credit your new course/module you must type in ‘Token Exchange for New Course’ and your ‘Order Number’ in the subject heading and in the body of your email you must state your old/initial course/module and your new course/module to email@example.com.
- Only upon receiving written confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org, will you be entered into our system, to be excluded from your first choice of course/module and thereafter entered into your new course/module.
- If any course/module commences and you decide to no longer continue with such course/module for any reason whatsoever, you will not be entitled to any refund. This clause 16 is specifically limited to ‘’course material’’ and not your failure of being indecisive in pursuing any course/module.
- You may only return goods purchased from WWISE on this website – wwise.co.za within 15 (fifteen) days of dispatch, if the goods purchased were:
- OVERRIDING CONDITIONS GOVERNING ALL RETURNS
- Returns authorization from WWISE for the return of any goods must be obtained in writing. Authorizations are valid for 30 (thirty) days only. Goods returned without prior written authorisation will be returned to the Customer and the cost of return will be for the account of the Customer.
- Goods will be accepted for return only if they are in mint, re-saleable condition when received by WWISE. Goods with stickers/sticker marks, bar-code strips, stamps, or pen marks on or in them will not be accepted. (This condition will not apply to goods returned because they were misbound or damaged.)
- Returns for goods damaged in transit / during delivery must be requested and made within 15 (fifteen) working days of receipt of stock.
- Returns request documentation must include original invoice details.
- No returns or credit will be passed on goods invoiced more than 3 (three) months previously, unless otherwise stated on the invoice or in a separate, documented returns agreement.