Tired of writing long, convoluted business reports that go unappreciated? This course will teach you how to write a report that stands out for all the right reasons. The course introduces the POWERS system, which walks you through the process of creating a report from preparation to hitting the send button. You’ll gain practical tips that you can apply to your reports right away, such as which graphs to use and which to avoid, as well as general advice that will help you structure your reports for readability and professional presentation. This short 15-minute course includes video and audio narration for an engaging learning experience.
Who Should Attend?
- Health and Safety Officer
- Team leader/Supervisor/Foreman
- Health and Safety Representative
- Project Managers
- Create professional business reports using the POWERS system
- Write and organize your reports for easy reading
- Master using tools like diagrams and illustrations to add visual interest and credibility
- Concepts Common to Reports and Briefings
- Ethics in report writing
- The Briefing
- The Written Report: Its content and structure and style
- Illustrating the Results: This includes a worked example; clarity, tables and graphs and space.
- Report Completion: summaries and abstracts and appearance
- The Executive Summary: The four major points; careful writing, common mistakes of executive writing
- Key Points of Writing Executive Summaries
- The Four Major Points Emphasising Summarising
- Common Mistakes
- How-To Involve Careful Writing
- Report planning skills
- Structuring a report well
- Good writing style and language
- Design and layout
- Persuade and influence effectively
- Certificate of competence
- Certificate of attendance
- If applicable, an assessment at the end of the course will be required.
- A minimum of 60% is to be achieved to attain a competence certificate.
- If you achieve lower than 60% but get between 40 – 59% a second attempt will become available.
- If you get lower than 40% and fail the second attempt, you will need to re-purchase the course.
- If applicable an attendance certificate will be awarded to you.